6.22.2011

Behold, the Mustache

My nephew wanted a fake mustache, and so I found a free pattern for one on Easy Makes Me Happy. The night before I was going to see him, I whipped one up. It didn’t turn out perfect, because I did this in the evening in not the best lighting, and the yarn I used was dark brown, which made it difficult to see the stitches. Often I was just guessing where a stitch was before inserting my hook. I also didn’t bother stuffing it, and I left long tails at the ends so that the mustache could be tied behind the head. And this is the result:



I think it turned out pretty cute. After making it I was worried it would not work because it came out very large; however, in the end, I suppose the size only added to the comedic effect. I thought it made Adrian look a little like Mario. He really liked it, and kept asking me if he could take it, even after I told him he could keep it forever because I made it for him. What is it in the world that makes the fake mustache so hysterical?

Here's a few other pics of the mustache in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment