7.24.2012

Crochet Project: Spider-Man Blanket

When my pals Justin and Maggie Russo revealed that they were designing a superhero-themed room for their expected little one, I immediately knew that I needed to make a blanket to fit in their scheme. My first thought was some sort of blanket based on a cape with logo, but after simply doing a search for "superhero blanket" I quickly came upon this pattern for a Spider-Man Web afghan, based on a dream catcher design.

The pattern was easy to follow, and once I understood the system of increases I didn't need to use it. The author suggests a color pattern and size but I "followed my own likes" based on the amount of yarn that I had on hand. I also used a teal rather than a royal blue, because Maggie indicated teal was a color she wanted to use in the room, and also because my husband informed me that the original Spider-Man blue was more of a teal, and Justin would appreciate this authentic touch.

This is only the second baby blanket I've made. Like all blankets it was time consuming but because it's worked in the round it was fairly easy to whip up. I think it came out well.

I hope Baby Russo likes it!

1 comment: