7.19.2012

Happy Belated Birthday to Me

We didn't think it was a good idea for Bill to
actually wear a hat in his condition.
I am lucky to have a husband who is a good gift giver. Since my birthday is in June, and Christmas is in December  (in case you didn’t know), that means he pretty much spends the entire year hunting down thoughtful gifts for me. This year he was already done shopping for me when he was hospitalized about two weeks before my birthday. Still there on my big day, we had a little party with my sisters and nephews in his room. Becky made vegan Hostess cupcakes, and I got to watch “Sharkboy and Lava Girl" with Adrian, and Bill just lay in his bed and laughed at all of little Julian’s hijinks.

But I waited until he came home to open my gifts from him. This way I was able to have two birthday parties this year, which I needed. Since Bill was on the mend, I had a lot to celebrate.

So here are some pictures of the birthday fun that we had at home with the kitties. It was modest fun, but gave me an excuse to dance to Queen’s Greatest Hits and take pictures of Rufus and Rolly.

As usual, Bill gave me marvelous gifts: a cookbook, a few new denizens for our menagerie.
He also bought me two adorable necklaces, and constructed a necklace hanger, which not only does a fabulous job keeping all of my necklaces tangle-free, but also displays them beautifully on our wall.

Oges by Bill Ripley. This is the image on the T-shirt Bill
gave me for my birthday.
My favorite gift was a T-shirt he had printed that features his oges. I've been asking for him to get me a T-shirt with his artwork on it for a while now, and he finally did. For years I've been trying to get him to submit designs to Threadless, but he won't. Oh well. It makes me feel special to have a one-of-a-kind Bill Ripley shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment