9.14.2012

Five Things This Week

Nothing but a lazy, ungrateful cuss.

1. Kitty Cats Dead and Alive. This week marked the one year anniversary of Rolly's adoption, and I'm a little disappointed to see that she doesn't really care. Not a "Thanks, pal," not a "Here, let me wash the dishes for you." Nada. I even showed her the story of Double Trouble and she expressed no appreciation for being rescued from the glass box she shared with a shrew back at PAWS. Speaking of Double Trouble, you should really sign the petition. I don't care if you don't like PETA. University's who conduct useless experiments on helpless animals in order to keep the government funding bucks constantly flowing deserve to be called out, no matter who does the calling.

2. What Gives? My back. Well, my back gives out. It first became a problem when I was 19 years old and working at a summer camp. Kids jumped on me. I picked up the little ones. I pushed them on a tire swing. And then my back decided it hated children and wouldn't let me move for several days. When I was 26 I threw it out by sneezing. I also had major problems after bowling on my 29th birthday, and it almost kept me from voting in 2010. And this week it's been crazy stiff, and giving me occasional sharp shooting pains if I move my legs a certain way. So, Back, what gives?

3. Teachers. Guess what, just because as a child you went to school doesn't mean you know how to be a teacher or what it is like to be a teacher. So be quiet and let them speak up for themselves.

4. They May Take My Life, But They'll Never Take My Freedom!  I start full-time work next week, for the first time since early in the year of 2009. Thankfully I'll still get to work from home and so I shouldn't complain or anything, but how do all of you people who work 9-5 finish all your errands? I was hoping to have an easy week this week before I take the plunge, but all these things have come up. Haircut, Free Wednesdays at the AIC, dentist appointment, haggling with doctor's offices, getting my student ID (oh man, the next time you see me, ask me to see it. It's a riot!), going to the post office to mail a package. How do any of you people get anything done, ever?

5. Rather Large Things I Might Like to Eat. Let's Return to Cookie Mountain, shall we? And remember that TV on the Radio used to be good. Like on the first ep and album. They've been crap since then mostly, but I've recently revisited this album and discovered that it's not as bad as I remembered. Bill gave me a dirty look when he came home and I was listening to it. But we can't all have such discerning taste as he. I mean, this song is pretty straight up.




No comments:

Post a Comment